Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site snippy-sisters.co.za, our email newsletter and any purchases made through our website. We do not hold any payment information.
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
– Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
– Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
– To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
– To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests.
– To speed up your searches.
– We do not store personal or financial information in the processes of payment, nor did we share this information with 3rd parties.
Third Party Services
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. This password is fully encrypted on our database, and cannot be viewed by Snippy Sisters.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
– To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
– To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
– To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
– To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, or have joined our mailer list we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those, which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If Snippy Sisters and all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Compromise of Information
In the event that personal information is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will promptly notify those persons whose personal information has been compromised.
Protecting the privacy of young children is extremely important. Because of this, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. Neither do we knowingly allow such persons to register as Members.
In the event of this information being received or published on our website, without verification or parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Should you believe we may have information on a child under the age of 13, please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org